While we will have extensive protocols in place for our coaches as well as are student athletes, I wanted to provide you with a breakdown of the policies as they pertain to you and your child. Please take a moment to review these protocols to ensure that when you child attends conditioning, he/she is in compliance with all expectations. Any failure to comply with these safety protocols will result in the student’s non-participation and, in such an event, a parent/guardian would need to promptly return to the school to take the child home.
1. All workouts will adhere to the social distancing guidelines according to Governor Hogan, Dr. Hill, and CCPS Policies.
2. All workouts are VOLUNTARY. However, if you child wants to attend, they must be registered for their respective sport and CLEARED prior to attending a workout.
-When you register online, you will be mandated to provide documentation for your most CURRENT PHYSICAL and sign the COVID19 WAIVER.
-If you are new to the school or you have never registered for an athletic team during your time at Lackey, you will have to take the IMPACT TEST.
3. All registrations must be turned in online 24 hours prior to the workout.
-For example, if your child wants to participate on Monday, October 5th, they must be registered by Sunday, October 4th at 4:00 PM. If they register after 4:00 PM on the 5th, they won’t be cleared to workout until Tuesday, October 6th.
4. All student athletes need to arrive at 4:00 PM and will workout from 4:30-6:00.
-Monday (Girls Lacrosse, Track, Tennis)
-Tuesday (Boys Lacrosse, Tennis)
-Wednesday (Girls Lacrosse, Softball)
-Thursday (Boys Lacrosse, Tennis)
5. All student-athletes and coaches will need to wear a mask when they arrive and when they leave workouts. They will also need to bring their own water.
-I would strongly recommend buying a gallon jug of water and putting a child’s name on it. If they fail to have water, they will not be permitted to stay on campus.
6. All student-athletes will check in at the table that is located in front of the gate to the stadium.
-After checking in, they will be told where to report for their workout. Coach Lush will use online registrations to create a list of cleared athletes for each sport which coaches will then use to create conditioning groups that comply with existing protocols regarding group sizes.
-There will be cones set-up in the parking lot so that we can maintain social distancing guidelines when people check in.
7. These workouts are CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
-No one is permitted to be at workouts if they aren’t cleared. That includes parents, former players, coaches, etc.